06-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
All true.

RE: cheap cables, they appeared to be hit or miss based on my research, so I would tread carefully if going that route.
I have 4 and 4 out of 4 work, bought in various generations over multipe years, but all cheap.
I've been using INPA/NCS expert/Rheingold and ISTA-p for a decade now (I think I bought my first cable in 2009) and I've never had any issues with cheap cables.

From all the people I know personally that have a cable, I've never seen one not work.
Usually if a system doesn't work, its the software install they messed up.

How many cables do you have?

But yes, if you want someone to check a 10 buck cable for 25 bucks extra, thats also a way of doing things.
Mind you, you're getting the exact same cable, only that some bloke plugged it in and seen that it worked, making 25 bucks in about 30sec work
So thats what....making 3k/hour.
If that was my business, i'd go scaremongering on the web too judging by their website..

'Treading carefully' on a 10 buck purchase is also a bit daft.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-24-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0