View Single Post
      04-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #16
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonz4 View Post
What made you decide on going 40 profile for both front and rear?
The car came with H&R coilovers and springs, the ride especially in the rear is too jarring, the smaller diameter wheel, 18" allows for another 1/2" of sidewall providing a bit more cushion.
Also, I was born in the 60's and the thin rubber band tire stretched over the wheel look has never done it for me, the taller sidewall may cost me a couple of seconds at the track but I'm okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post
Awesome!

I'm just about to do all the suspension, diff, subframe bushings, arms and tie rods. OE or OEM everywhere except poly for the subframe mounts.

I see you went rubber everywhere except for monoball RTABs. What is your rationale for that?

Also, care to list the parts (in general, not part numbers, etc)? I'm starting to plan the next stage in my refresh and it would be great to know what else you did.
The reason for fresh rubber bushings all around is the same as above, a bit more comfort. I've had lots of poly on other weekend cars and it was fun when my back was young, not so much anymore.
Besides, fresh rubber bushings, I find are quite crisp in their feel and response.
Okay, are you ready for this? It's a long list and there is more to come.
You will note some of the items are on both lists, I was going to order everything from ECS but the decided to split it with Bimmerworld.
Attached Images