07-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #36
sixspeed
Z4M CSL
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboleto View Post
Anybody else experience this problem with their car?

While driving and around 2k and above rpm the all three lights (brake, ABS and DSC) will come on for a second or two and go back off, at the same time the radio and display screen shuts off and tuns back on again. The same thing will happen with the car stationary and just by revving the engine at around 2k to 3k rpm. There is also a lost of engine power whenever the lights come on.

Does anybody has an idea of what might be causing these glitches?

Bumping this thread as I've just had the exact same symptoms crop up on my Z whilst over in Germany last week.

I've got some of it on film during the drive back. Is this the same kind of issue?

My car cranks fine (battery is only about 9 months old?), so not suspecting the battery in this case. Having just read this, I'm going to give the car a check later with a multimeter for alternator issues (high voltage).

Two additional symptoms that lead me to think its the same here:

1. It only appeared to happen when moving. I thought this was to do with a loose earth though initially (and thus not being moved/jiggled around when the car was stationary). I hadn't considered it could be RPM related though.

2. Not long after this started happening, I noticed a small puddle of water that had leaked from the battery. I initially put this down to G-forces from being on track, but in hindsight the car has been on track with this battery before and I haven't previously seen this. I presume water leaking from a battery is symptomatic of being overcharged though?