View Single Post
      05-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #20
218dhb
Head in Th Sky!
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchesbass View Post
I would have done the manual transmission mod first.

Looks alright. Not my thing - especially probably for what it cost.
i would love to have a Manual as my last car was, i do miss it a bit and only drive with the paddles and auto stick. the car was a CPO and had every option i wanted besides Manual and extended leather, still the price was well worth it so i bought her and LOVE her (her name is SharkBait btw..)

i agree 100% that Carbon Fiber has to be a thing your into enough to pay the price and wait the time to get done. like the example i gave earlier with the Alligator shoe, if its your thing and your willing to pay the price for Alligator then you do..some people love them and some cant stand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra View Post
absolutely stunning
Thank you for your praise as you are the first person on all the boards i seen with Real carbon fiber installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
i'm sure i'd like the texture but i don't like the glossly look as well. but props for trying/doing something different. it was such a pain in the arse to swap out my trim pieces, i'm not sure if i really want to go through the effort of taking it out and re-wrapping it in cf. i may stick with the brushed alum.
the lower center piece was the worst for me, enough for me to go to the dealer and have Jeff do it. i have no patience when working on cars though and i am surprised i even got the two top dash pieces done without messing them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post
wonder if it will look better if you can get a matte cf finish
i pondered the thought before i went full steam in the ordering process, but in life i don't think you need matte that much. like i said in life your eye will clearly see threw the gloss and spot the thread pattern, just my pics don't show this. actually these are the worst pics i have taken of it as far as reflections go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVAGE View Post
I think it looks awesome ;-)
thanks again!

at least we have pics of Carbon Fiber installed posted online now for any people thinking about going down this road in the future...they don't have to pick their imagination apart thinking how it would look as hard as i did..haha
Appreciate 0