View Single Post
      03-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #32
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
I checked them out on the O'Reilly website, yep $20 front and back specific, well worth the small investment if doing all this. I ordered the free swatch from G2 today in RED, the color on the site " looks " real dark. Hoping maybe they recently made a change. I'm a dreamer. They had a Q/A on the site. They don't recommend trying to do half one day, half the other. All about needing to weigh the two parts, to make sure they are equal. Said you would need a jewelry scale. I load my own ammo ( part time gun enthusiast ) so I have scales, but I can see where pouring out 2 parts, taking consideration for what is left in containers....could be a challenge to get them EXACTLY perfect. Already thought about taking two identical small containers, putting them on a scale, pouring little by little to get them balanced by weight. A bit of extra trouble, but being a perfectionist is part of the fun. I'm pretty sure getting 1/2 the car up is doable at this point, all four off the ground...not NOW. I'm going to check my jack in the back, maybe that would help, since my stupid floor jack is too tall. Harbor Freight has a low rise/speed jack on sale for $ 79....MMMmmmm
I used a small kitchen scale to spit the two parts out into equal weights. Your ammo scale probably has even better resolution, but it doesn't have to be perfect. It's two part epoxy so there just has to be sufficient hardener added to the paint for it to catalyze and harden.
I've got the Harbor Freight low profile long reach jack, and I still have to get some 2 x 12 under the front tires to get the jack under the car to the center front jack point.