View Single Post
      02-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #35
Spreadsheet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2007 Z4MC

As you are swinging East to FL, here's one drive I would highly recommend to you and all. I first read about it in Autoweek magazine as they rated it one of the Top 10 drives in the USA. If you happen to be on I-40 going into Arkansas (yeah, this is a really boring highway), make a turn south on Arkansas Highway 7 to Hot Springs. This is a fantastic drive! Twisty, tight turns, with some short bursts of faster twisties. There are some spots so tight, any truck over 20 feet long can not make the turns. Very up and down twisties, with little hidden gems of run off spots to rest by pristene streams.

Also, Hot Springs is a resort town, one of the first desginated in the US. Curious thing too, no mosquitos, none of the homes have screened porches. Seems mosquitos larvea can't live in the water, so very few insects during the spring summer months.

If you happen to have a little extra time, go north out of Hot Springs past I-40 up Highway 7 until Highway 62 and loop west to Eureak Springs. Not as twisty, but a wonderful drive. Take 62 to I-540 and loop back down to I-40 and head East to your destination.

I haven't been on this drive for some years, but plan to take it this late spring/early summer in my Z4MC.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0