View Single Post
      11-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

Road trip around America in a Z4M Roady

Hey all
So the time is approaching where I will have to leave the USA and return home to Australia. I always vowed that I'd take a couple months or more at the end to do a big road trip before I left for good. My butt and thighs are gonna be sore in the M but I'm sure there will be plenty of things to take my mind off it!

So my basic plan is... Late Jan/early Feb drive from San Francisco to Orlando for the first big leg where I will stay with a friend for a week or two, she will then join me for the rest of the journey. Any must-sees and scenic routes to take from SF to Orlando? Time is not really that big an object, I'd like to see all the sights along the way. I am also really into photography so plan to take a whole bunch of beautiful M shots along the way

The only road trips I've done are San Diego to SF and Vegas to LA really.... and gas was quite plentiful as well as Travelodge type places to stay. Is decent quality 91 gas pretty readily available along these highways? Should I take a spare container of gas to be sure? How about little overnight places to stay on this route? Are the roads OK for a Z? I'll be getting full service etc done on the car before I leave.

After spending some time in FL we'd like to head up the east coast to see friends in NYC and Boston. This will probably be late Feb early March by this stage. Is it going to be snowing? I really don't want to drive in snow, never done that before, might be time to rent something else up here. Are the roads from FL to Boston OK for a Z?

Thanks all! I figure I'll ask the locals before potentially setting myself up for disaster
Appreciate 1