Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKartZ4M View Post
I'm going to run the car like this (stock form) until I am pretty familiar with it then next year a few mods:
Front Sway bar: what thrickness, brand, etc
Camber Shim Kit or Camber Plate? -2 or -2.5 degrees? Would I go with more camber while on stock wheels/tires then could I give up some camber to save tire wear when I get wider front wheels?

I'll run it like that in 2018 then get a summer set of wheels/tires before 2019. I'll keep my stock wheels with a set of street tires:

Wheels: still looking, suggested setup to reduce understeer and reduce rotational and un-sprung weight? APEX ARC-8 with 245 front and 265 rear? I do not plan on changing the suspension, rolling fenders, etc.

Tires: Summer street and track; not track only. Looking for good heat management, consistency during 20-30 min track sessions, and decent tread wear within this group so the cost isn't too crazy.
Take a look at Hankook RS4. I've been running them for several months now and really happy with them. They seem to be close in grip to the Bridgestone RE71 for autocross but take the heat on the track really well where the RE71s fall off after a couple hot laps.
I'm looking at the new RS4 as well. The RS3 was well received besides the softer side wall. Is there any improvement on that on the new version? Will it be better in rain vs the RE71 since it's regarded as the best tire in that category for on track and some rain. With all these new tires coming out this year, RE71 might be dethroned...

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0