View Single Post
      04-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ///M Roadster + E92 335i 6MT

The Mystery, and Beauty of Extended Leather.......... (PIC HEAVY)

Today in this thread I decided to satisfy peoples curiosity of what exactly BMW Extended Leather is,
For the M Roadster its a $2700 option, For the Z4 Roadster its a $1700 option,
So there have been threads I have read where people have asked, "just what exactly do I get?"

Well I'll show you using my M Roadster,
Firstly there is a $1000 price difference in the M Roadster and the Z4 Roadster option cost, There is ONE thing you get with extended leather on the M you cannot have with the Z4, More on that with the pictures,

Firstly lets look at the car,
This is my car (and no prizes for guessing my first name)
Its finished in beautiful jaw dropping Imola Red paint, with Black Nappa Extended leather inside,
Other options include everything you could possibly add to an M Roadster, and I mean everything,

So here it is in all of its Imola beauty,

Next we look at the seats and roll hoops,
The seats on the M Roadster (and coupe) have the ///M logo recessed into them, Personally I love this feature, I think id even welcome the M logo colored with stitching but lets not go there right now,

You can see the hoops are actually covered with leather, This is a ///M only feature and cannot be added to the Z4,
I'm sure everyone is aware the roll hoop covers are silver on the Z4 where the M roadster gets black roll hoops, Adding extended leather covers them with black nappa leather (regardless of color of interior)

And just one more look at that ///M logo

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0