View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #15
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeka1 View Post
It's great that you already have some experience and might already have quick hands. That will come in handy in a slide but keep in mind that smooth and slow hands are going to be the key on a bigger track.

My opinion - and certainly everyone has their own on this topic - is to leave traction control on until you can sense and predict exactly when it will kick in. Try to learn to drive as smooth as possible at the limit of the traction control system. Doing so will pay dividends in the future once you build up to turning it off.

Also considering you will have an instructor in the car, keeping it turned on may be their preference anyway. Have fun and report back after the weekend with how it went!
This an intriguing exercise! I have always thought of TC as being a "crutch" to help bad drivers not crash in this type of setting, and never have thought of it as a potential tool to use to hone driving skills. Will have to try it

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0