View Single Post
      05-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

First track day this weekend! Any tips for a HPDE novice?

This Saturday, I am attending my first HPDE at Road America I have been wanting to do this for years and finally decided to sign up with a club that allows roadsters.

I have never driven in a track environment (except for M Performance School a few years ago) and have been an avid autocrosser for 4 years, averaging about 14 events a year. I am not the best in my region, but have been competitive for the last two years and believe I have a good handle on car control basics.

I have taken steps to prepare my car for the day with new tires, new rotors, fresh pfc 08s, all fluids changed including fresh ATE 200, a new corbeau reclining seat to be 2"+ under the broomstick, new PROPERLY fitting helmet, and all aspects of the car gone through. I will be bringing up a lot of spare fluids, tools, a pair of wheels, etc for the day as well. Mechanically, I believe I am ready.

However, since this is my first event, I want to make sure I get the best out of the day and learn without developing any bad habits. Any suggestions or tips you experienced HPDE drivers have to make sure a rookie does it right would be greatly appreciated!!

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0