View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #11
bgeorge0049
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
I'm actually going to go the S2K route. I don't need electric or heated seats (Florida). I am going to have to find a set in good condition, fab some mounts like the guy in the UK did and call it good. Well I'll have to uncode the seat sensors.
Keep in mind then that the S2000, while similar throughout all production years is differentiated by AP1 versus AP2. The gentleman above has the AP1 seats which have the hole in the headrest. The AP2 seats are a little taller and do not have the hole. They are very similar seats but are a bit different. They utilize different rails and the seat belt receivers are different.

I'll be honest that I am not sure why you would go to the trouble of trying to retro fit them into a Z4. I owned a 2007 Honda S2000 which was an AP2 model. While it was a very fun car, it was not at all comfortable. While the seats have better bolstering than the standard Z4 seats, they are not comfortable after much time in the car. They lack sufficient lumbar support and basic padding. I would recommend that you find someone local with an S2000 and go for a long ride with them before going to all the trouble.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0