05-22-2019, 12:15 AM   #73
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I did this DIY alone but if you have an extra pair of hands available, the install can be much easier and less chance for errors. The skirts are much more appreciated on a light color like K9’s white M Coupe. I went for the most aggressive look on the skirts protruding as much as they possibly could and I gotta say I don’t like it as much as if they were a bit more tucked in like K9’s, something to consider when you install your set. Here are a few pictures;

1) ran to Walmart for some screws and washers
2) Placed the car on ramps to have a bit more access
3) cleaned the CF skirts and underneath the body panel with alcohol
4) placed 3M double sided tape throughout the entire skirt except in the rear section as that part there doesn’t make contact on the panel
5) sat the panel on the skirt; started from the rear section and made my way to the front. Again, this is the part where you wanna pay attention to your preference of aggressiveness.
6) grabbed a few chairs and sat the panel upside down to drill the screws in
7) popped the panel back in to the car and inserted the OE rivers and screws

I’ll probably redo the install to tuck in the skirts in a few weeks. Reminder: do NOT step on the skirts. I nearly did when I got out of the car as I forgot I had them there
Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I ended up wrapping them in VViViD PPF that I ordered from Amazon, 8" x 84" Including 3M Squeegee and Black Felt Applicator for $13 each. Worked out ok but wrapping each end was not fun. I ended up taking the skirt off to mount the extension but was only able to do one side as I ran out of double side tape. Here a shot of the side that was done

ZeD4Mr, we really need you to make a matching piece for the rear bumper, looks lonely back there.

Attachment 2058888
Yes, it'll be the next major piece. Design is 80% finished. Then we'll do the 2 piece lip.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 1
ZMCoupe35.50