mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Whatsup??
Short version: have been dealing with prepping house for sale, listing, tours, open-houses, offers, etc and haven’t had a spare moment in the last few weeks.

A couple of weeks ago I had to get the car out of the yard so that the photographer could get pretty shots for the listing and I was just too tired to push it. I decided that driving it 100’ into the lift bay would either be fine or not, fuck it, and I started it to the pleasant surprise of a quiet idle and no knocking. Drove it into the garage and as it got warmer it started making the noise again so I shut it off, let it cool, and tried it again. Same result; it was fine until it got warm and then that awful sound was back. I stuck my head under the hood while it was idling and the sound didn’t seem to be originating from the bottom end, mostly everywhere in fact, and suddenly thought “header leak”.

Today I finally got to take a look. I found evidence of a leak at the #4 exhaust port and the nuts were barely more than finger-tight

So then I fixed and cleaned up the fan wiring, flipped the rad top mount around and fixed the mounting holes, and installed the fan in the proper pushing position (stupid mis-labeled packaging, grr):

Then went to warm up the car so I could take the oil sample and the battery was dead because I’m an idiot and forgot to plug in the tender when I brought it back into the garage.

Oil sample tomorrow! And probably other stuff since that #4 was definitely leaking and was hopefully the source of the noise.
Appreciate 0