View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #64
K9
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe (E86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Do you mind sending some pictures(near and far shots) to us to be featured on our FB/IG accounts?
I'll post a few more tomorrow after I give her a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Damn that looks sick on white! Any advice on how you installed them without removing the panel from the car? I tried doing it that way but i ended up scratching the CF skirt a bit so I gave up, decided to remove the panel unless your tips work for me
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the scratches. I used painters tape where I wanted it to line up - similar to the 3rd picture in the second post (right before it curves / bends). I cleaned underneath the OE side skirt using soap and water, followed by an alcohol solution (13%). I applied 2.5" 3M double-sided mounting tape (extremely strong) to both sides of the middle slits and 0.5" (a square) to the slits on the end. I had someone one help me mount the skirts with the painters tape as guidance. Once you're confident it where it's placed, firmly press it against the double-sided, it's not going anywhere, I tried. Depending on how low your car is, you may need to jack it up to drill pilot holes for size 10 x 0.5" stainless steel screws (and washers). It took me an 1.5 hours in my garage. I wish I took a picture prior to installation for step-by-step.

Try a weaker double-sided tape if you think you may want to adjust it later. If you want to do this without double-sided tape, do some math. Find out where the middle slit is to go and drill a pilot hole. A single screw should be able to hold it.

Last edited by K9; 05-19-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0