View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
Thanks again, Rick. I was going to post a picture of me and my siblings on (or near) Jefferson Rock from about 15 years ago but I can't find it right now. I haven't been to Harper's Ferry in a long time but it's such a fun town it's definitely on my list of places to visit when I have an opportunity to go back for long enough. It's been too long since I've enjoyed a walk across the (now much safer) B&O Railroad bridge.
itdnwiwbp,

You're very welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Harpers Ferry and other photos. But now you definitely have to find the picture you mentioned and add it here!

I had intended to spend only a few minutes at Harpers Ferry, mostly to get an early morning photo of the town from the RR bridge. That "much safer" bridge, however, is surrounded by tall fencing, which prevented any sort of good photo. And before I knew it, I'd hiked all over the place for nearly 2 hours.

One of these days, I want to hike up to the top of Maryland Heights. I did that many years ago, taking the almost-straight-up-the-mountain approach from Sandy Hook Road. The next time, I'll start from Harpers Ferry Road and look for the numerous Civil War sites that are up there.

Rick
Appreciate 0