View Single Post
      07-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
drocket77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4

P0300-P0306

As the title states I am getting those codes, except for P0301. #1 has never had a misfire, with the exception of removing the intake pipe while running. Here is the things I have done so far.

1. Replaced spark plugs.
2. Switched the coil packs around, and all will eventually have a misfire except #1.
3. Made a smoke machine and have checked while warm, and cold, no leaks.
4. Dangerously sprayed starting fluid around vacuum tubing, and no change in rpm digital bi scanner was hooked up, and idle stayed at 745-765.
5.New oil cap(holds pressure when I did smoke test, and rpm will change if I take it off while car is running.)

I have reset then went on a drive from a cold start and it throws the code exactly 3 miles into drive. Tried it after it warmed up, and exactly 3 miles into drive. It doesn't matter if I was stopped at a light, did 70mph on the longer stretch or 35 mph.... 3 miles in it ALWAYS throws the first code.
I think this may have something to do with the O2 sensors, as ALL of them are pre cat, and the lambda is the same for bank1 and 2. Previous owner didn't even have a cat on it.

The only other thing I am thinking is maybe a random stuck lifter, but its happening on all but #1..... Any other suggestions?

I have also reset adaptations about 200 miles ago, and wondering if it is still in a learning state. And the reason I reset adaptations is that I got new exhaust, new IAC, and new MAF sensor(previous owner didn't even have one).
Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by drocket77; 07-29-2020 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: forgot to add #5
Appreciate 0