10-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #536
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Lol yeah guibo.. weird name.. lol

Bit of further stuff...

I woke up late, back from Zurich and headed down to the shop, after dropping the kids off at school and got stuck into the front DTM arms.

Nothing is ever simple..

Strugeled with a part for a while and had to make a sleeve for a bolt as I wasn't happy with how they had designed this particular part of how the bolt was secured.

It's not the circled bolt, I circled that as I think this part is for preventing rotational torque of the mount against the frame, but I can't see how that bit fits together, so before modifying anything I'll ask the DTM kit designer what the purpose of that circled bolt is. It's also possible that this bolt is meant for the E46 M3 as that frame is slightly different at the front. My car will be the first z4m that this kit has been designed for, so there are a couple of changes expected. So far I am very happy with the quality, strength and design of this kit.

Sorry about the large amount of pics, but I need to be sure about any modification made to the kit, to make sure that it will be safe and performs as expeted

The issue with the bolt/insert, I think will be sorted with a slightly larger piece of metal that I'll probably weld in place, thus securing the mount in 3 dimensions. Up, down and lateral.