View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 03:31 PM   #11
ClickAndClack
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by koruptor View Post
I find this very interesting! I've been using GROM for years but I like the idea of an open source product with a UI.

Questions for those in the know, or who have installed this:
  1. I watched an installation video for this on an E39. Do the few comfort settings also work on the Z? (e.g. locking doors at speed, unlocking doors at engine off, blinker frequency).
  2. Is there an option to connect a phone directly to the BlueBus via USB like the GROM or is it exclusively Bluetooth?
I have it installed. It was a pain to rip everything out of the trunk to get to the cables. However, it does work well.

For question 1, I don't know that I verified this, but I imagine it should work (the comfort settings). I believe I remember seeing it in the setting menu when setting it up.

For question 2, I believe that answer is no, you cannot connect your phone via USB. Honestly, it works great because it connects every time I get in the car and it makes the car feel more modern. I just need to install the phone holder I have so I can have Android Auto open while driving.

There was one issue that I noticed while using it with the my E39. When using navigation on the phone, the first second or two of every navigation message was cut off. So I would hear "Lincoln Ave" instead of "Turn left on Lincoln Ave". Haven't had a chance to diagnose if it's a BlueBus issue or a phone issue. Using a Pixel 4.
Appreciate 1