WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
F360c, if you're trying to maximize power off an N/A setup I believe there are a few other things you can do that are more cost effective than a CSL box. (Underdrive pulley, e85 Kit, custom dyno tune, air scoop)
Of yes of course there are cheaper ways to make some extra ponies but i was more responding to the OPs comment that the box didn't make any more power and you couldn't heel/toe with it.

If you're happy with around 300ish whp then those mods plus headers will get you there. With those mods (no e85) I put down 310rwhp which was fine but now i want to get into the 330-350whp range. That requires cams and a airbox to get them the air they need.
https://thebuildjournal.com/reviews/...-dyno-results/

330-350whp is easy attainable with a good tune, headers, and intake and the right fuel i
If buildjournal can get 335whp with a 91 octane catted tune, euro cats in section 1, euro headers, and a restrictive eventuri intake and e57 fuel then imagine what could be done be done with a good 91 octane custom tune, headers, no secondary cats, RPI scoop, and e85 kit.. TTFS made 341whp on the stock airbox with a custom e85 tune. CSL box is not required for 330+whp, good fuel/tune, and adequate exhaust flow will give the same results with less chance of detonation in the motor. I have have the dyno which I would be happy to email anyone, bone stock s54 made 304whp on the dyno when we were testing for the AFD kit back in 2017 Baseline was 271whp.
Attached Images

2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0