View Single Post
      06-25-2023, 05:47 PM   #120
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

I think the main beef, is at least with NASA, they really don't try and make short cuts and there is a lot of accountability and certifications. There's a lot of science a lot of capable engineers and a lot of tried and testing methods including destruction.

Mind you Nasa is a $bill funded (is it gove'ment funded anymore ?) There is big money in it.

Have NASA taken short cuts or done things they should not have yes for sure. But it is very much not a case of "best guess" but a calculated guess.

To hear someone talking about breaking rules because "HE" didn't think it was worth it also to cut costs. I ain't going to rehash stuff experts have said.

But when those accidents happened, it was very rare and I think 1 or 2 mistakes happened, with this sub, EVERYTHING was wrong and they were also WARNED COUNTLESS times and they IGNORED IT and even FIRED whistleblowers.

3 yahoo henry's on a tourist trip with a kid in tow. in an UNTESTED , EXPERIMENTAL sub and they had to sign waivers with death mentioned in it countless times.

I don't think the astronauts did that ? did they ?

ALSO the other thing for me, is the space mission's are totally different from a a romp to see a graveyard. Your pushing the envelope engaging in research for the benefit of mankind.

Thoes men and women sitting on millions of pounds worth of TNT are fecking Heroes. The servicemen and women who go underwater, fly in the air, the researchers doing the same, is a TOTALLY different case for me.

EVEN if you could say "it's a first" were pushing boundaries, were explorers.

For sure the accident was NOT the fault of the PASSENGERS, it was the narcissistic fool Stockton Rush, who thought he could cut corners and make some money. Be a hero in his own mind, ignored the people who knew better, ignore the people who said it was downright dangerous.

5 people died , funny how many stories have since come out on "I didn't go thought it was a bad idea, very dangerous" LOL

In other news "People smuggler admits manslaughter of 39 Vietnamese migrants found dead in lorry in Essex"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Compare with this tragedy - it was none of the crew member's fault.
Appreciate 0