Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetolive View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. A quick search of Haggerty indicates that they will not insure DD cars, and/or cars driven more than 8,000km annually. What other options are there since I will likely exceed that mileage in the summer months?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
$6,500? Wth?? Should I be phoning my company (Allstate) to verify coverage? Thats too low if talking replacement cost for total loss.
I've been hunting around myself and Hagerty seems to be the best all around coverage, they will insure you for the agreed upon price, $40,00 and up and you pay extra for "cherished salvage" basically in the event of a write off you get the full amount of money and the wrecked car back.
Hagerty wants about a $1000 per year for that coverage, the rest of the insurance companies wanted more money with no more payout than $2,500 if wrecked.
There is Belair Direct which will give you year round coverage for as little as $180 but all you get is $1,000,000 liability, no comprehensive, no collision and no payout if wrecked.

Lucky1 All state won't even give you $6,500, I believe their total payout is also $2,500.
Hagerty seems to be the only game in town for now.
I don't understand, I spoke with both a claims adjuster and the policy rep and each told me they would review Autotrader ads for three similar examples and offer based on that. If that is their approach how would I end up with $2,500?

Getting lost here guys. My car is a 2006 Z4MR with 66,000kms or so. I figure market value is easily $25k - $30k on auto trader. What are we saying Allstate would pay me and why? If its way less than that Hagerty it is.
Appreciate 0