View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #20
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Ugh, this is the dilemma I'm in right now. I have stock headers, but RE S/Xpipes and the Stromung exhaust. I LOVE the way the car sounds, in fact, it's the first BMW engine six cylinder I like! There's no rasp, there's pops all over the place once I take my foot of the gas, and you can even "burble" the exhaust a bit if you just stab the gas pedal for an instant, it's a hoot!

I've had my eye on headers forever, but if I go straight through I think it's going to sound really obnoxious. As well, from what I've seen on youtube, these cars just don't sound very good with straight through as the rasp seems to come back in a big way. If my car is going to be that loud, it better be fast too. Nothing is worse than a loud slow ass car, so I'd need to be supercharged before ever considering going with a straight through setup.

I'm thinking about leaving well enough alone and using the headers/tune money towards an eventual supercharger purchase. I just think at this point I'm married to this car (I love it, and what else can you get under $50k that even comes close?) so I'm thinking long term.

Good luck OP, let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0