View Single Post
      03-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #7
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Besides the fact that Ducek and his handlers have some serious personality issues and are probably morally corrupt, they are not even good designers or people. I know 2 heads of design at auto manufacturers personally. My favorite, as a designer and person, is Ralph Gilles. He gets it. All of it.

He gets design, symmetry, flow, pushing boundaries, creativeness, retro, customer feedback, and customer engagement (routinely attends car events). He gets racing (he's a kick ass driver and routinely has raced his Viper). But he also gets people and has had to work through leadership that is morally corrupt. It did not corrupt him and he did not compromise his values. His brother is in Chicago as well and a down to earth guy.

Point is, good designers are literally the polar opposite of Ducek as people and workers. I own so many BMWs and feel sick driving them now knowing that they represent trashy leadership. Good thing is, they were all purchased before Ducek's reign. I have no intention of buying a Ducek regime BMW.
Appreciate 4
XMetal1136.00
Vivek.1367.50
Bunnny219.50