View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
Thanks. I checked the braces and they seem tight. After I closed my hood, I happened to press down on the driver's side front corner and noticed that there was a little bit of play and that there was a bit of a creaking sound. Not sure if it's the same creaking that I was hearing (I should have had someone press down while I was in the driver's seat!) but I ended up putting a little grease on the driver's side hood latch, which seemed to quiet down the creaking. I'll see if that changes anything, and I'll report back.
Finnegan mentioned it, here is the thread for the hood ejectors. One of mine was broken and there's pictures in the thread.

As for your firewall braces, how did you check? More than one person on here (including me) has made the mistake of thinking they're tight without torquing them down. It's not until you get the torque wrench out that you can really see if they're at the correct tightness. This is assuming you have the old "nut" style braces, rather than the updated one-use bolts. So if you haven't taken a torque wrench to it I suggest you do that first.