02-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #469
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dptmachine View Post
Car looks good. My wide body exhaust is nearly done and the SLR control arms have finally arrived. I will post pics in the near future on another thread.
Thanks, Appreciate it. Lots of work has gone into it, with lots more to come. I am actually very much enjoying the build process, aside from missing this complete season, that bit sucks.

Ill stay with my oem windscreen, as my dash still has the defogger holes at the front, with the air channels (which ill leave in and attach them to the blower i purchased with a simple blower and reostat switch/dial on the dash. I am hoping that will sufice..

cant wait to see some pics of your SLR arms installed.. Ive had my kit now over a month, but i lack the weld skills required to fit it so will get my shop to do it when its down there. It kinda anoys me a little as its holding up a few things as ill need to know what size wheel spacers to buy, as it will push the hub out by up to 15mm.. but nfi exactly how far untill its installed..

just another few "too hard right now" items to go on the list.

I just wanted to comment on the boot lid and how Flossman has intergrated the wing upright joiners. Itys actually very nice hiow they haved done it and its very strong, being an intergral part of the layup. Pretty darn glad i requested them to do this as looking at it now there is no way in hell i could have done that myself... no way... that just goes to show what a quality product flossman has provideed me with.

pretty darn happy so far with thier fittment and panel quality.

Thanks Skiddy, your comments are always appreciated and i bet you'll laugh when i show you pics of the splitter adjustment/fitment, as i pretty much stole that idea from your car.

I am still at the moment waiting for an extra 4m length of chromoly pipe for the car to show up as then the car needs to go back to the weld shop for the rear strut tower re-inforcement and rear strut bar to be welded in and be made an intergral part of the cage. I also have 2 front window brackets that still need to be welded in, and a few other little bits here and there.. Interior paint shop will follow after that.

I also have to dummy fit the drivers side/pax side feet rest and see how that works , and to see if i have to make a platform for that to sit on.

A bunch of other crap to be done no doubt.. lol