David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
Update on mine:

After a few emails back and forth from GS, their thoughts are that the bubbles are due to my local climate and not something they can engineer out unless the part is autoclaved during initial construction. No repair is possible. In other words... I'm SOL.

My own thoughts remain that the curing chemicals were improperly mixed/applied. The evidence of this is that new bubbles are still appearing, and the bubbles that have been there for the last month are getting larger. This, to me, means that the curing agents are still evaporating; the gel coat still hasn't fully cured 10 months after being applied.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in any type of gel coat, paint, chemicals, or similar application. My thoughts on this are strictly based on internet searches. It is entirely possible that the heat/humidity in my area is causing the protective layer failing... I just find this unlikely.

I very much hope I'm the only customer of theirs that is having this issue. Keep an eye on yours just in case though.
Where do you live that has climate that they can't build a defect free part? Seems like it would have to an extreme climate to blame the problems on the weather.