11-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #13
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

Received mine today as planned. Thoughts:

Finish is outstanding.
Packaging was outstanding.
The fit is 95-98% perfect, I am really impressed. With VHB tape, it should install just fine.

I am in the aerospace business, so to me, ALL preload on structure is bad. Dryfit, the very ends of the spoiler ride a little high. They are about half the thickness, or less, of the VHB tape, proud of the surface. This is just at the tips/ends. The core of the spoiler sits perfectly with no gap. Zero. The gaps at the tips should come out with VHB tape. It's minor, but I thought I would mention it. Again, I am super tuned up to preloads and gaps.

That said, I did see a 4-series coupe at the dealer recently with an M Performance carbon spoiler on it, VPC installed (on window sticker). I assume BMW only uses the prescribed Betalink glue. At any rate, even fully installed by VPC, it also had slight gaps at the tips. You could move the spoiler up and down and close them if you pushed down. So even M Performance is not perfect.

This is a nice looking spoiler and I am really happy with it. I think the key will be use plenty of VHB at the tips. It would be tempting to do a perimeter of VHB and put some Betalink on the interior space for a hybrid attachment system.

I am going to have my detailer coat it with Opticoat Pro Plus, like the rest of the car.
Attached Images

16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 2
coh661191.00