Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
To the OP...

Why did you mention NOT to push Sport Mode?

Having brakes and throttle respond quicker is quite nice on the track.
How about DSC. I take it off after 1st or second session... or leave it on in the wet.

Glad you loved it. Glad you both have M Coupes to track...

My first track event is in May at Watkins Glen... The wait is killing me.
'Kitty is out right now, but I can tell you (we discussed it) she's not a fan of Sport because of reasons inTgr8r and Ship mention (same with me). I don't notice any braking differences--but then again I don't run Sport since it doesn't suit my driving style.

Both coupes are off to the track this Friday along with those of a few other forum members! (4 at last count.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^ I'm not a fan of sport mode at the track either.

Not sure what you mean by brakes & I find that H&T is tougher with a quicker gas pedal that tips in near the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
^ I don't use sport mode on the track either. The throttle is way too twitchy and can cause unwanted oversteer at the wrong time.

I am use to the throttle with it (sport mode) off and with the sport mode on, your shift timing has to change..
For me, on the track, or heck, even back roads it's way to too much "on/off" for me and messes with smooth throttle inputs. Maybe it's a skill thing, maybe a style/preference thing--not sure--just know it doesn't work well for me.

Tony, you may have much better feel, precision and control over your right foot that I do!

Hey, that's why we have two modes! I say use what works for you--that's the bottom line IMO.
Appreciate 0