12-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #130
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I believe somewhere in this thread: One bad Z4M.. in progress.. https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630093 they where trying to get either a Pro-efi or AEM stand-alone then had to change because it just wouldn't work with the car, they finally said they got some unnamed standalone to work in conjunction with the stock dme in the end. Might be worth looking at
Interesting, hadn't seen that thread before. They gave up too soon on both the AEM and Pro-EFI solutions, IMO. I don't blame them, to be clear, but this cloak-and-dagger nonsense that tuners and manufacturers pull just irritates me. The only difference between the Z4M and E46 M3 from the Infinity's perspective is... nothing. Since it doesn't try to interact with the DME itself and all of the body modules it cares about are identical so far as I can tell, that shit Just Works(tm) if you wire it properly. The engine / chassis harness for the DME uses different connectors but again, so far as I can see, all of the same wires and signals are present, they're just laid out differently with different colours. Electrically it's the same vehicle.

Once I've got this running as a full-standalone setup, I'll be happy to help somebody take a crack at using the E46 M3 harness / Infinity unit. Should be pretty straightforward compared to the rest of this.
Appreciate 0