07-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #10
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Will you include any instructions for installation? I'm a bit daft with a wrench, but can read and - preferably - interpret pictures

Do the hubs need to come off to mount those brackets? It looks like these would just bolt into the caliper mounting brackets, so I am assuming not, but want to check.

I have an AP Racing BBK, about the same size as a Brembo or Stoptech kit. Do you think the bracket will fit?

What 3" hose hardware is needed? Just the hose and hose clamps? Would something like this hose work:
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Masterdu...e-7-Black.html

Sorry for the potentially dumb questions, very interested in a brake cooling solution and this looks lovely, just want to make sure I know what I am getting into.

Cheers,
Eamonn
I have only test fitted the passenger side on my car, but haven't made any instructions. However it's very straight forward. The wheel well liner at the front bumper have to come off and folded to the side, it's tight but the rest is easy.

If you want to remove your OEM brake shields in one piece you'll have to remove the hubs. My brake shields are designed so that's not needed and they use the OEM mounting points for the brake shield.

The brake shields are made for the OEM 345 mm rotors, but slightly bigger rotors won't be a problem. Not even on smaller rotors, I run this kit on my Z3 Coupe race car.

You just need 3" hose ans 3" hose clamps, the hose you've been looking at looks like a good option.