View Single Post
      10-29-2021, 06:44 AM   #5
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetolive View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. A quick search of Haggerty indicates that they will not insure DD cars, and/or cars driven more than 8,000km annually. What other options are there since I will likely exceed that mileage in the summer months?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
$6,500? Wth?? Should I be phoning my company (Allstate) to verify coverage? Thats too low if talking replacement cost for total loss.
I've been hunting around myself and Hagerty seems to be the best all around coverage, they will insure you for the agreed upon price, $40,00 and up and you pay extra for "cherished salvage" basically in the event of a write off you get the full amount of money and the wrecked car back.
Hagerty wants about a $1000 per year for that coverage, the rest of the insurance companies wanted more money with no more payout than $2,500 if wrecked.
There is Belair Direct which will give you year round coverage for as little as $180 but all you get is $1,000,000 liability, no comprehensive, no collision and no payout if wrecked.

Lucky1 All state won't even give you $6,500, I believe their total payout is also $2,500.
Hagerty seems to be the only game in town for now.