View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #93
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
I received my BMTechnic cable and software in the mail yesterday.

For those of you that have gone through the pain of setting up the same software manually, reading through a ton of posts on installation, reinstalling your OS to facilitate the install, dealing with VMWare, changing serial port settings and all the little time consuming thing you have to do to get the BMW software to work, the BMTechnic is the real deal. And all this does not include the more work it takes to get the DIS/GT1 and SSS/Progman to install and work.

I removed all vestiges of my old software and my VMWare Workstation install on my Windows 7 64bit laptop.

Executed the BMTechnic installation program. Click on the install button for each piece of software you want installed. Done.
Seven steps. Six if you don't install the NavCoder which I did not install.

INPA/Ediabus/NCSEXPERT/WinKFP
BMW TIS
SSS/Progman
BMW DIS/GT1
VMware Player

Everything just WORKS....

Plus the dat files have been updated to the latest and greatest so you don't have to do it manually, which has it's own host of issues of you don't do it properly.

Pay the extra money for this set. In just ease of installation alone it is worth the money and you KNOW that ALL of the software will work with the cable provided.

I will be testing all the software out tomorrow.

Edit:

I am now thinking I want to install NavCoder. From the NavCoder website:

View the ibus data in real time and in plain text! 90% of all ibus messages can be displayed in English.
Scan the ibus and retrieve information on every connected device
Scan and retrieve service information, showing vehicle kms and last service data
Code the Light Control Module and switch off light bulb warning messages (great if you are fitting LED lights) as well as code Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
Code the Navigation computer (Mk2, Mk3 or Mk4) and set any setting you like. You can load languages, change from Mono to Colour nav or vice versa, adjust split screen mode, and change regional settings. Everything!
Code the TV and enable TV-in-Motion, change backup camera from NTSC to PAL and more
Code the ULF and TCU Bluetooth Telephone modules, enable voice recognition, and adjust speed dependent volume
Sync the car clock to your laptop clock to the second
Test the PDC, showing each sensor working in real time, with distance to obstruction
Save and read ibus log files to help in analysing the ibus data flow through the vehicle. Handy for fault finding
And lots more...

Last edited by Shipkiller; 02-26-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0