08-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #32
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
They actually checker flagged me after that lap, so I thought we can only run 1 hot lap for that session. Turned out they checker flagged everyone by mistake. I talked to the guy in the black S2K behind me after the session was over, and he said he just ignored the checkered flag and kept going. I let him pass me on my second lap, hot pitted, and the track workers just waved me by and told me to keep going...

2:11 is not bad for the first time at BW 13, considering the super hot conditions. All So Cal tracks are bumpy, so I'm quite used to it. In fact, Streets of Willow is even bumpier than Buttonwillow. I get lots of peeps who have never driven Buttonwillow commenting on how rough rough steering inputs are from watching my videos, but they have no idea how bumpy the track really is.

What kind of mods does your friend have on his S2K? I came from the S2K world, and I must say they are definitely the best bang for the buck track cars. I was doing 1:58's on RS3's and 1:57's on NT-01's in my S2K before I sold it last December... regretting selling it big time now... My personal best in my Mcoupe is 2:00.9xx in April on fresh RS3's, but I was only able to do a 2:03.2 on Sunday during the first time attack session. My goal there is sub 2:00 this fall-winter when the weather gets cooler.

I'll definitely seriously consider Laguna Seca in December, but this will take some planning and more importantly, some major persuading to the wifey.
DAYUMMM 2:00s
I feel like I'm already pushing as hard as I can too lol...FML
Yeah those S2Ks can be ridiculously fast -_-
I'm not exactly sure what my friend's S2K has in it, but pretty darn stock, and definitely no r-comps for him yet. He thinks he's not ready lol
Appreciate 0