View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 09:07 PM   #911
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Msrp on the 116610ln (black ceramic sub) is almost $9k. They sell all day on the used market at 7.

Msrp on the 116710ln (black ceramic gmt) is almost 9k. Again, they sell at 7k used.

Same goes for the datejust. You're looking at 10-20% difference between new and used.

The ceramic Daytonas are a "limited" edition. Same with the LVs, BLNRs, the newest Basel watches, etc with years long waitlist for most. Hence the premium price.

And yeah you're going to get fleeced on trading in. Its like cars. I was offered only 4k for a 116610ln
Just going back to this a little, since I faced a similar dillema... if you're thinking about buying the watch and keeping it for a real long time; do you really think its' worth saving $1500-$2000. I bought a new sub over the weekend at msrp (i got lucky because i bothered my AD like 3 times and had bought a watch there before). The used ones that i saw at stores or online where similar price and in a lot of cases over msrp lol. Even if I could snag a used SS date sub for lets say $7k, I wouldn't do it. Those are usually the really old ones and the ones with a $2.5k discount were like 25 years old steel models not the ceramic newer type. My new one came with a 5 year factory warranty and 5 year extended from my AD (for a total of 10 years). The only situation at least currently where I see a used SS Rolex being worth it right now is if the general market takes a complete shit like I've mentioned before where people could start letting these things go for half price. Just my thoughts... Also why would anyone trade a luxury good; there is virtually no more sure fire way to get fleeced lol.
Appreciate 0