View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh View Post
There are a couple local clubs that just have general classifications which I will be fine with. There are two other clubs that run the SCCA rules that one has an unlimited class I can always get myself into. I’m just really out to have fun, I won’t do any national or even regional SCCA events. I have owned competitive STR and STU cars before. But I get to race about 6-8 times per year now so I’m just out to have fun and try to beat the one M coupe in my area, plus a few other locals I usually run close to. This is not the car to get real serious with. But it is a very fun dual purpose car. I found with the other competitive cars I had, once I changed out the suspension I really hated driving it anywhere but the Autocross course. So this car is staying with the stock suspension.
Roger! Didn't know what your experience level was. I've seen too many people do what seemed like an innocuous mod only to find it's moved them up three classes and they're getting absolutely smoked from a run time standpoint.