View Single Post
      05-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

Yes Jason was the lead instructor. Bimmerworld is on my list to talk with as well, but with any of these shops, the Z isn't something they work on all the time.

As far as the car goes, it's a foregone conclusion that it will be stripped. When I purchased the car, I had already decided that was the path. I wanted to take it slow and learn as I went along. I'm not interested in reselling it or resale value. I've got a spare engine, transmission, and a ton of parts I picked up from the guy in Boston that I got the engine from out of a 10k mile total of 2007 model. And the trailer has already been purchased as well.

From everything I've read, the Z is an oddball in that it's not really competitive in any class. Unfortunately I've chosen a path and will just live with the decision. What class would you guys build for for BMW? SCCA?

There is a couple cars (twins owned by the same person) already prepped for SCCA and have a couple podium finishes. I'm thinking about just buying one of them and call it a day. Not sure what class they would fit in for BMW club.

Appreciate 0