View Single Post
      10-21-2017, 03:14 AM   #1
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Talking High performance AX Coilover that allows stock springs

I am preparing to set-up a Z4MC for B Street Autocross(in case you missed that...). The car will also be street driven on reasonably smooth roads. The car will be run at stock height/with stock wheels shod with 265rr & 235ft RE71Rs for Autocross.

The car will run 18x9.5 PS-7 w/265-35-18 PSS square on the street. While on the street I will run Turner Camber bolts and shims plus appropriate spacers. The Turner bolt/shim & spacers will be removed for autocross.

The ideal set-up would be a quality Coilover set that can accommodate stock springs and "stock style" mounts, perhaps utilizing spring adapters with stock size contact areas.

The damper should be of a style and quality that does not require yearly rebuilding in the face of ~3.5K miles a year of street use plus ~8-10 AX events per year.
A rebuild maybe every 15-20K miles is acceptable if it is a mainstream company that is likely to be around in 5-10 years.

Since TTOD is unlikely, a PAX'd B Street may be more satisfying in the short term, Maybe....
I would set aside the pillowballs and small diameter coils springs for when faster is better than placing well. I imagine Shaft size will be a challenge?

Having been down the road of buying "sport" dampers and perpetually upgrading, I am hoping that my imaginary set-up is available that will allow me to run stock springs and stock or "similar" to stock mounts.

I have experience with a wide range of set-ups on RX7 2nd gen road race car and Supra MKIV ranging from road race GC Advanced design DA to JIC FLTA2 SA on my street Supra. Along the way, I tried everything from Tokiko and Koni sport dampers to full race DAs so please do get reasonably technical in thoughts and suggestions.

In the end, if I can buy an off the shelf coilover set such as the B16 PSS10 and custom spring adapters that will allow stock springs. I don't know and would like to learn what dampers have the range to accommodate both the aftermarket and stock springs.

I will also need sway bars to complement this, suggestions to complement the above imaginary dampers?
Appreciate 0