View Single Post
      10-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #176
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Not bad! Still a little bit of a side gap from the dash surface, but you can get that out.

What i noticed from print to print is that if I lightly sanded the back edge (closest to the window vents) the sides would tend to sit down better. There is a curve on the dash from front to back as well as side to side and the sides would sit high and gap if the side to side curve depth varied too much from the dash. My guess is print variation along that axis.

It varied but was always very slight. We are only talking about maybe a millimeter or so of extra curve depth needed along that edge. On your split print it would mean taking a bit more out where the two halves come together and feather it back to the existing corners.

With the AC vents removed you can look through the holes in the part and see light where where it gaps on that back edge and sand it to shape until it matches...paying attention to how it impacts the side gap. Take your time, sneak up on it and you should be able to get there!

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 11-08-2023 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0