View Single Post
      02-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
DaveJB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

'07 Z4 M Coupe - burns NO oil at 117k miles

Hey guys, just wondering how common this is and what good things it might mean for my engine? I've had the car for about 18,000 miles (bought it with about 99k) and it's never burned any oil between changes. I mean as far as I can see, not one drop. I do changes at about 7,500 miles. Have been using Liqui Moly 10w-60

First, this is super awesome and hopefully suggests it was well maintained before I bought it.

What else does this mean? Like, mechanically. I was thinking when I check the valve clearances (I do all work myself) I'd be stupid not to do a compression and leak-down test (but I'd have to buy the gauges) but doesn't this mean those numbers will most likely be in spec?

TIA

Still in love with this car man! I had a weird moment where I almost sold it for a 97 840Ci but came to my senses.

I just love the look of the 840 but kept my Z4 for many reasons... actually, I realized how stupid I'd be after having driven the 840 then on the way home in my Z4 I turned off traction control and hooned it. Yowsa! I fell back in love right there.

Last edited by DaveJB; 02-05-2019 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0