03-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
gtMc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Experiment: Coding Amps. Code your E86 amp to E85 amp specs for improved stock sound

Edit 09/16/12:
In Post #60, Pungo posts the E85 Amp Coding. This code can be used to recode an E86 amp to get the better sound that E85's exhibit.

-------------------

Edit 04/17/12:
Having successfully swapped amps with an e85 roadster, its been pretty clear that there is an improvement in the clarity, volume, and bass levels in the e86 coupe stock system. Much of this is outlined in this thread.

--------------------
03/03/12:

Looking for anyone local to tri-state NE area willing to help me code my current E86 amp to their E85 Roadster with Top Hifi audio:

Would pay for all costs and compensate for your time. Would need to put my amp in your e85 and then have dealer code it.
-OR-
Would need someone who thinks they can recode an amp while it still in an e86 so its coded the same way an e85 amp would be as if its sitting in an e85.
(If the latter works and it makes my system come alive, that could help a lot of coupe owners with crappy sound, and possibly become a good reason to go out and recode other amps and get paid something for it)

Could be done in an afternoon. Willing to travel.

This Thread explains it all and is quite interesting:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611528

EDIT: A forum member with a spare e85 amp has agree'd to help me with this, loaning me the extra amp. If it works, we have worked out a swap arrangement for my current amp and some cash. And probably confirmed how to improve our E86 crappy stock stereos. Excellent! This community continues to impress me. I look forward to seeing if I can get my stereo to come alive with a simple coding swap.

Last edited by gtMc; 09-16-2012 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0