08-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #5830
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i l 328xi l X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
I have only been playing around in the stock market for a few years so I really don't have much advice, but I do have a little story. When I first started out I put some money in a company called Shopify. I bought 65 shares at $67.58. I got flustered when it was at $110.96 and was excited to make a few grand so I pulled it out. Shopify is now at $384...
I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm. If you are playing with individual stocks for short term gains on the side of a real job, treat it as a hobby not a retirement plan.
" I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm."

Lol you guys get so triggered when someone says anything different than your personal opinion. Which is okay, Its humorous.

So let me further explain, I "Day Trade" Options Maybe that shouldn't have been left out perhaps... So that example wouldn't make much sense to me being that all my Calls/Puts are deadline based contracts. I make more money ( With Less Invested) with more of a risk, Yes. But also you cant tell me that i can make 10,000 on an option call in one-two weeks where you can make the same in Four months holding.

I understand holding and letting it take its course, I respect it. But that's not the path that i choose. Respect to both parties, Also i came asking if anyone day traded not " Who am i smarter than" C'mon girls that no way to punch those keys, Spread that love