View Single Post
      08-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
The Turner MotorSports E36 Front Camber Kit.

I just put the Turner Shim Kit on last weekend. You can SEE the camber in the front wheels. They fronts look like they have more camber than the rear.

Before I put the kit in, I put the camber pins back in the top of the struts. This was so I started from a baseline and so I have some adjustment if there is a variance in camber between the right and left side.

One thing about the kit.
The kit comes with three washers. One washer always goes on the outside of the new bolt.

I used two washers between the new bolts and the stut kingpin. Looking at the washers, they looked like any other washer you could buy in a parts store. Not a machined component, but hell, the kit is only $15.00
So with this in mind, I used my micrometer to measure the thickness of each washer, then mixed and matched each set. This was so I could get each washer set (two sets on each side) to have approximately the same delta. I was able to get the difference between the right and left side to about .1mm, so they are not exactly the same.

Each washer set turned out to be approximately 5mm thick.

I am getting the car aligned on Monday, so I will then be able to tell you what the camber data is after the kit install and if I have to pull any of the camber pins to get each side exactly the same.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TSU3690036
Appreciate 0