Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyebe View Post
please tell us what the issues are with the acorn nuts because we have not had this reported previously. There is an issue with the OEM nuts and that is the fact the come in two shoulder diameters, large and small. The large ones do not fit in the counterbore of the Strong-Strut shock tower ring but the small ones fit perfectly. We have no idea when BMW made the change so so send everyone the small kit with the acorn nuts.
Paul at Strong-Strut
Hey Paul they are not deep enough (acorn nuts), and it can also cause damage to the suspension hardware do to the fact that they can over torque the studs when bottom out (even using recommended spec. of torque) some studs ended up striped as well.

I never believed I had a need to report this since I'm very satisfied with the STRONG-Strut Product and that until not long ago I believed that was only me having problems. As of my recommendation for OEM I based myself on the experience that I had using different (claimed better, or as good) Nuts, and the Great quality of the ones from BMW that did not ever gave me any problems.

Last edited by Diokaef; 08-16-2010 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0