View Single Post
      10-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

I've been using Optimum No Rinse with plush microfiber towels for a couple of years now with very good results. 2 gallons will wash the entire car, and I use a regular bucket of water for wheel washing. I fold the towel into quarters and use one side until it's dirty, after which I flip or fold to reveal the clean side. It ends up being usually two sides per panel. One for the small rear quarter panels and side skirts, three for the hood, working from highest point of the car down. The nice thing about ONR is that you no longer need access to a hose, although if it's REALLY dirty it's still a good idea to hose things down first as a pre-rinse.

I use smaller soft, mildew resistant sponges and a different bucket for cleaning the wheels, and it works well. If your wheels are very dirty, Sonax makes an excellent cleaner. I usually find that I still have to wipe it down after rinsing. Klasse AIO is also a great sealant to use on your wheels. Makes wiping off the brake dust much easier, and it leaves a pretty durable coat of protection against the elements.
Appreciate 0