View Single Post
      12-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #40
just-right
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast View Post
Whatever happened with the status of development for these?
Thanks for your continued interest M-Cast! A bit of an update for everyone

Over the last few months I have been in contact with various composite companies both local and around the world. The majority of which produce parts for Formula One, premium car brands and other racing series. One of the main reasons for delays is finding the correct partner that understands the requirements and also the cost bracket.

It is very easy to reduce the costs by simplifying the design or going to more entry-level production methods. Both would unfortunately reduce the end-product quality on aerodynamics, weight, finish, durability etc.

The good news is that I am in contact with a very well known brand that makes composites parts. We share a very similar view on quality & design. The aim is to collaborate on a multitude of projects! We have had various discussions and I hope we will kick off the Canards soon!

In the meantime I have continued work on the splitter as well as several other projects!

@[F360C] Making the splitter bigger would definitely increase the downforce. The latest version has more overhang and also extends much further under the car than anything else available on the market. To top it off I have added some other details that generate a lot more downforce

@[Azeka1]Thanks for your comments! I understand your concerns and observations on wanting something more aggressive. As in the comments to F360C, the latest versions is certainly packing more of a punch and I am not finished yet! The splitter is also being developed to be chassis mounted and will feature much more detailing than just a flat plate to extract more performance from it! The Canards are also quite different to the majority available on the market in that they don't just rely on stagnation pressure. As a result they will be less draggy and generate more front downforce!

I am happy to increase the size though if that is attractive to both the track and street minded owners Feel free to reply if you are happy with the way it is or you want it more aggressive!
Appreciate 2
Azeka1285.50
Mirko182.00