View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #20
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

-Keep it simple like the Voltex flares. May be fairly easy, I have friends who have used those voltex flares on other applications, I almost wouldn't be surprised if those Voltex flares would *nearly* be a fit as-is.

-Design flares to be compatible with OEM front bumper & sides. Perhaps just follow the vertical/flat side portion that both our fenders & 1/4's have.

-Have the rear of the flares end slightly higher than the front. This should give an overall aggressive look due to the rake, while still maintaining aerodynamic function and fairly universal application (compatible with different front lips/bumpers, side skirts, etc.).

-Have both front and rear flares match. If there is a slight rake with front of the flare dipping lower than the rear, this should be matched on the front and rear. This will ensure an overall clean aesthetic is maintained.

I used my own car to give a basic idea with MS Paint. The lowest point on mine conveniently ends where my aftermarket sides begin, but looking at the leading line created by the bottom of the door (and also comparing to how the Voltex on S2k looks), this seems like it would be appx a good spot regardless.

Notes: I *think* Voltex have 2-3 different versions of their front flares. The style on the Blue car and this red are the ones I'm most referring to/interested in:

Thanks for working on this! If there's anything I can do to help, LMK!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 1
Azeka1285.50