View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #13
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

I don’t know if this will help or cause more confusing variables, but I’m experimenting as well, so here goes.

I’m running RE-71s as well. I just had my 5th day in the last 2 weeks on a new TCK double adjustable with 500 springs front and rear. My front is -3.6 with 0 toe, the rear is -2.4 with 0.40 degrees toe (0.20 per side). I try to run around 34-35 hot. The one big difference is that I’m running 265 square (4 rear wheels).

The wear pattern I was getting with 235 in the front is similar to yours. With 265, it seems to be better...not perfect, but at least I’m using more than the outside 25%. I know everyone says the Z needs stagger setup, but it seems to me that the car will push on corner entry if I have 235s. The 235 also has a slightly less stiff sidewall than the 265. I purchased a pyrometer to test some temps...I have 2 days this coming weekend at Summit, then 3 next weekend at Summit, and then 3 again at Pitt...so I’ll take some logs.

36-37 pressure seems to be high to me, especially in the rear. On exit, the rear seems “active” if I’m around that pressure. Yes, the square setup is contributing, but I find that 34-35 seems better. At 37 front, I get more understeer in the front, 34 seems to quiet this down as well. I’m running stock everything else, bushings, etc.

I do the flip tire as well. Local Costco keeps the RE-71s in stock for me and they see me just about every other week for a flip or new tire.
Appreciate 0