View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 03:02 AM   #8
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Which KWs are you running?

This is a bit perplexing to me as I've run 265/35 RS4s on 9.5 ET 35 wheels with 5mm spacers, Turner E36 camber washers, -2.7 neg camber, zero toe. I honestly don't recall if the camber washers increase or decrease the space between wheel and tire (I'll try to find that) but it think it helps.

Granted, my setup was with stock suspension, possibly shorter non-linear springs, but 265s are way wider tires. I'm not the fastest person in the world on track but I'm not slow, running in the advanced group. Zero rubbing. Hmm...

I think it buys space, as I couldn't run the same setup on the wife's Z4M with linear springs and no camber washers. Needed a 12mm spacer to clear the spring collar, effectively an being a 9.5 ET 23 with a 265 tire, and that pushed the tire well past the fender. Even a 245/40 on a 9" ET 30 rubbed the fender liner on her set-up on compression, even though it didn't hit the strut.

If washers increase the space, and my data looks like they do, you could run less camber via plates and end up at the same alignment settings with better geometry and more space. For 15 bucks and and hour or two of time (if you diy) it might be worth a try.
Appreciate 1