View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #12
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....this is anything like the FDA vetted and approved pharmaceuticals that often end up on the "if you have fatal health problems from taking drug x....you may qualify for the class action lawsuit".

Love reading about your beloved Z4M and Corvette, but wouldn't you want to know what this new miracle drug insulation is comprised of?
I watched the video multiple times. Unless the translated captions are off, the new “material” is simply plastic laid in a honeycomb structure. There’s no new unobtainium or cancer causing agent in it. Unless you want to boil it in hot water before you feed a baby milk through it.

The “material” looks like your run of the mill plastic. The secret sauce is in the lattice structure as the engineer explicitly stated? My Japanese is rusty (non-existing to be precise, except ‘domo arigato, Mr Roboto’) and I still fail to see how this is NOT exciting?

Anything to add lightness on a car is a good thing, IMO. Even the MZ4 Coupe and the Corvette, both could stand to shed 200#s if you ask me.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50